Baby Crawford may be under appreciated

I’m not sure who the volunteers are, but volunteers are not legal to use in a for-profit business. The laws are very clear that all workers in a for-profit business deserve at least minimum wage (except family, interns/apprentices, and some higher-ed learning scenarios)

Here’s a good reference. http://www.wardandsmith.com/articles/wage-hour-law-volunteers-interns

PS: I wasn’t impressed by the peaches, but some of the nectarines he grows blew me away! The “Silk” varieties were amazing. Like summer sunshine in a convenient take-home package.

2 Likes

I’m growing summer silk…still rock hard. Interesting looking nectarines…more oval.

2 Likes

The tasting I went to was run by the CRFG, it was technically their event at his orchard. Since CRFG is a non-profit volunteers are fine. For a tasting not tied to a non-profit you are right. The CRFG does many things closely with Andy, their breeding program is at his orchard I think.

2 Likes

As long as fruit at tastings isn’t brought in from somewhere else and represented as Andy’s. Obviously that isn’t the case at tastings you’ve gone to, but is it ever the case?

1 Like