Back Yard Landscaping

For the last two years I have been working on re-landscaping my back yard into a Japanese style garden. Here are some pictures from this morning.

The red-flowered tree in the background is a Red Baron peach.

The small tree in the foreground that has just started leafing out is a weeping Santa Rosa plum.

The “yard ornaments”…

29 Likes

looks awesome! complete with your fuzzy rabbit chickens. :wink: i have 4 myself. had my neighbor convinced they were a rabbit/ chicken cross. i have then in a repurposed kids playhouse i renovated to look like a barn. i also have a male/ female silver duckwing bantams in with them. they are even smaller and even more friendly than the silkies.

3 Likes

Really beautiful and an inspiration for us. A shout out to your Silkies!!

4 Likes

Looks amazing and i love the medicinal fraggles!

2 Likes

So beautiful! And those chickens!

2 Likes

Your hard work paid off, looks great.

1 Like

Looks beautiful! That Red Baron is gorgeous!!!

1 Like

It produces the most amazing peaches too. I don’t know how Red Baron does in other areas, but here the peaches are perfect (by my criteria, at least).

1 Like

This is beautiful. I’m waiting for my Weeping Santa Rosa to come in from Rain Tree. Should be here tomorrow. Hoping it turns out the same as yours!

1 Like

I got mine two weeks ago. Unfortunately, they pruned it at 4 feet or so. There is a thread with directions for training it back to about 8 feet high. I plan to do that as I do not want the weeping branches touching the ground.

1 Like

Wow, that seems idiotic that they did that. So sorry. I hope you are able to get it back to a nice shape.

I’m lucky that I live within a few minutes of Bay Laurel Nursery, so I was able to hand pick mine from their potted stock a couple years ago.

1 Like

Well dang.

Lovely, even the faux rocks.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes you have to work with what you have. It would have required a crane to get real ones into my backyard.

1 Like