Bare root in leaf during shipping

Well the trees and 2 blackberries still in hydroponic. No yellowing or lost of leaves from the Aprium. The Asian pear had a few leaves turning yellow but it arrived in really bad condition, the branches had gone “prune” like. It has been very hot where I am too! but tomorrow night would dip down to 40 but real feel of 31

PIanted the Iast of my Ieafed out fruit trees yesterday. Feeders roots are starting to deveIoped

and new shoots are emerging too!

Some of the Ieaved turned grey as the trees were cIosed to griII/broiIer. They are doing much better than the 1st Iot of Ieafed trees that were onIy soaked in water for a few hours and pIanted immediateIy. Some have yet to recover!

It’s been 3.5 months, so I figured that I would update the thread. I’m hesitant to jinx things, but it looks like both trees will pull through. It was a close thing for the Carmen peach and there were times I doubted that it would make it (only 1-2 live, somewhat wilted weak looking twigs). The top part of the 2/3 of the tree is dead, but I’ve got enough of low growth that it should be OK.

The Mariposa plum didn’t have much in the way of issues. I’m surprised with how well it pulled through- it now looks like most other spring-planted trees, and I’m happy with it.

Mariposa plum (Citation):

Carmen peach (Lovel):

Bob,

The Carman peach “pruned” itself! Now you’ll have a nice low branching structure. :peach::smiley:

Bob, even your peach looks much, much better than the late season ones I received that were leafed out with completely white leaves. One big difference is probably that when mine arrived the weather here immediately went into high 90’s and then 100’s and stayed in that range. I don’t think mine had enough energy reserves compared to root structure to withstand the sudden change. One third, mainly the largest caliper ones, do not appear to have survived. One tree of the 15 is doing okay. The others have had little to no growth beyond just holding on to the original clusters of leaves to push out.

Mine was like that (just holding some of the existing growth) for quite a while before it finally got traction. I think it helped once I mulched it- I had been giving it extra water, but the soil was still drying out pretty quick before I added the woodchips.

I’m not sure if this had a bearing on the difficulty the Carmen encountered, but it was definitely the larger caliper of the two trees.