Best Flowers Out There

What do you guys think are the best flowers. For me, Angels Trumpet and Passiflora take the number one spot.

Angel

7 Likes

As far as looks, hard to beat bird of paradise. However in practice echinacea is my favorite, pollinator magnet, smells great, grows easy, and has medicinal use

3 Likes

It’s really subjective, but I really like echinaceas. They bloom a long time, look great, and are fairly easy.

As far as pollinators, anise hyssop has been a Rockstar in my garden. It blooms for a very long period, and native bees are always working their flowers at an exponentially higher rate than any other flower.

My beds of bee balm have grown like gangbusters, and if the pollinators visit them heavily they will move up my list of favorites. They are super easy and have that unique scent. I don’t really like it, but I find myself often smelling them for some reason.

Much to the chagrin of the me from 10 years ago that thought it was stupid to grow stuff that didn’t give us food, I’ve been adding flowers all over the place. Peonies, daylilies, irises, and more all over the place. Flowers in general just make the garden a more enjoyable place, and a garden you enjoy spending time in will be better tended than one you work in just out of duty.

3 Likes

This is the best I have this year so far.

4 Likes