Black Krim Tomato

Harvested these two today. I’ll estimate they’re a half pound each. One of my favorites for my climate. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

They are my favorite tomato for flavor. So savory. But they crack and rot so bad in humid KY. Enjoy yours for me!

2 Likes

I read, I think it was in a seed catalog, that Black Krim was the healthiest tomato. I wish I had a better source to justify this claim, but I still consider it to be true. We grew them the last few years, but not this year due to their difficulty level.

They look tasty.

1 Like

Well, it is healthier than say Burpee’s Better Boy but only by a blackberry; i.e., BB + 1 blackberry would be about equal to a BK in anthocyanins. As for being the healthiest tomato I kind of doubt it. Such a thing would be by flesh density and my guess is there are other contenders such as Cherokee Purple and Paul Robeson. I could grow the latter two at my former address but they’re too large to ripen properly here.

Yeah, that’s my criteria.

1 Like

I ordered Black Krim seeds from Burpee this year and started them in the spring. A few weeks ago they sent me a letter stating there was a mix up and my seeds were labeled wrong. I was glad they contacted me, kudos to them. I’ll give Black Krim another shot next year. Ironically, I did a horrible job labeling my own tomatoes this year and half of them got mixed up. I do remember which one was my Brandy Boy, though, and so far they’ve been terrific. Thanks to @alan for the recommendation!

2 Likes