Blueberry fertilization during fruiting season

I had some wood this year thay produced well last year… but this year had very few fruit buds on it. I took it out. New shoots had developed… to take its place.

That seems ideal.

LOL! Yeah my grammar and word usage are terrible! Spell check isn’t helping! Thanks corrected.

Yes, I do do that, still tough for me to do. Wood removed didn’t perform great. I left it till now as I can’t really observe this that early and I will want to take what’s on it. So it gets to be late in the season and I don’t want to stimulate the growth of new canes in mid to late season. Kinda why I do it now, I need them to start early spring. I could decide on the amount of flowers though. I’m going to try that.

I have a sesquipedalian idiosyncrasy of using grandiloquent histrionics to discountenance impecunious abecedarians. Karens of the world tend to run screaming when I talk and they can’t get a word in edgewise nor understand a word I am saying though it is obviously perfectly good english. It is a truly offensive defense. :slight_smile: :open_mouth: :smiley:

1 Like

Up north we have to watch feeding blues late as it may interfere with hardening off late fall if they get too much nutrients. I like ammonium sulfate

1 Like

I believe you will need to select a fertilizer for flowering or fruiting,.
It’s a totally different mix the plant needs most of mine are 0 nitrogen

1 Like