Blueberry question

I have 12 healthy 5-6 foot blueberries that are all southern highbush or rabbiteye varieties. Each plant is a different variety but none has fruit larger than a bb when ripe. What am I doing wrong . I know some are supposedly rated medium-large berry size.

1 Like

Pictures would help. Also how old are the bushes? Young plants may produce smaller berries at first. You seem to have a bunch of different plants and I’m going to assume that their blooms overlapped at some point. That will help produce bigger berries. Did you have bees or other insects visit? They are necessary for pollinate and production of bigger berries.

1 Like

Sounds like something is rotten in Denmark. A healthy modern blueberry should never be that small. The only blueberrry I have seen that small grows wild in my area and the common name is sugarberry.

1 Like

Wild blueberries may be that small. Even some cultivated ones such as Rubel. But if they are common commercial cultivars from several different sources…then I don’t have any idea why your berries are so small. Maybe drought and stress? Or high pH?