Bought my first fig tree, Finally

I don’t know where 6 a you are. If I were you, I would put RdB in a pot.

@jeremybyington
You CH was swollen with rain water. If you can get some to ripen during a stretch of dry weather, you will get better tasting CH. You could root some CH and grow it in pot. Potted figs ripen earlier than in ground. Also, you can move the pot under a shelter to avoid rain when figs are ripening.

1 Like

Yes, we had a massive rain over the holiday weekend. I wanted to keep it on there longer but the ants found it and were crawling around the organza bag so I pulled it. It still had a lot of flavor — good enough for me!

Thanks for the advice Tippy! I do have mine in a pot and plan for it to remain there for the long haul. I’m in western Pennsylvania.

1 Like

I will try this one Marco, if I can find it here. It sounds very, very good!

Mrs. G.,
Your climate is perfect for figs. Figs can be very productive in pots, too. You probably can have as many top varieties as you want. Also, you can graft them to to save space. A multi-grafted fig trees are in your future!!!

1 Like

Sounds great! I have a hard time getting scion wood here. The growers want you to buy a whip.

Some EU members here exchange scionwood. I am sure they would help you. I can’t recal” who’s who but @Luisport probably knows.

Great idea! Oops! :joy:

1 Like

No problem… send me a pm

thanks Luis, will do!

1 Like

Good place to exchange or get fig cuttings https://www.lesfruitiers.net/

1 Like

Bonsoir, merci . J’ai visite le site et abonner. Le site est tres bien et je trouve mes greffes. Merci encore. Mme. G

1 Like