Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2023 Edition

Very nice @Naeem your family is blessed with all the good stuff you produce there. Awesome peaches…

2 Likes

I am envious at your peach fruits set this year. I have very small amount of peaches on the trees due to the weather in the spring.
I had Reliance peach before and it ripens end of July/early Aug in Chicagoland (zone5). I am surprised to hear that yours ( in zone7) takes another month. You sure you have Reliance?

It came as a Reliance but will find out more soon. This tree was a gift and is third year in ground. Last year it did set few fruits but I was travelling and lost those . I am guessing a month after looking peach size and stage . It may be a mislabeled and could be another peach.

1 Like

@Naeem … does your reliance have pretty showey light pink blossoms ? Or are they not showey at all and more on the dark pink reddish side ?

I had a Reliance… got from Starks 2003… it had beautiful light pink extra showey blossoms…

See below.

But I found out after joining here that it was not reliance… reliance does not have nice pretty showey blossoms like that.

Mine was like reliance in several ways… when it fruited what the fruit looked like… but the blossoms said nope… not reliance.

6 Likes

No mine are different whatever it is suits ripening order every other peach will be done when it will ripen .

3 Likes

@Naeem @TNHunter

Reliance does not have showy blooms it’s blooms are small and not very pretty. These are reliance peaches Reliance Peach- Best Peaches ever!

6 Likes

First Reliance peaches! Their fragrance called to me when I leaned over to rewrite a label.

Osage blackberries continue to produce and are really sweet. Triple crown just coming in. My new Kiowa produced just a few.

9 Likes

Stark sent me wrong peach tree before. I bought July Elberta which was described as showey flowers on its website when I bought it. Two to three years later. When it bloomed, no, not showey flower at all. It is supposed to ripen in July, but mine ripens in mid to late August. What could I do or say, after the tree had been planted and started to bloom. I am since very cautiously of ordering any trees from it.
My Reliance was from Stark too on the same order. It has none showey bloom and the description of fruits size, mature time (adjusted to my local date) matches actual fruit. Stark sent me one correct tree and one wrong tree

2 Likes

Too bad they only bloom for a few weeks.

10 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Santa Rosa and Satsuma plums almost ending . These are little hard but sweet birds are going after them very hard so one more harvest after this and plums season will be over for me.

15 Likes

Sweet treat pluerry…very long hang time…

14 Likes

it’s that time when things are not ready, but soon, and other things are done. the in between time

8 Likes

Or, they all ripen at once! Squash are so rewarding, they give and give some more!

3 Likes

Peaches mostly Red haven .

13 Likes

Beautiful Redhaven. I haven’t been able to get a decent Red Haven peach. This year the sprays kept them all looking good until they started to ripen and the birds, minor cracking and mostly the sap eating beetles damaged most of them. The few good ones were only slightly better than bland due to the clouds and rainy weather.

2 Likes

Sadly my story also, except you can add rot after those things happen. Was going so great for cherry and apricot.

1 Like

Okra, Squash, blackberry, watermelon…

5 Likes

Li jujube

Lang jujube

5 Likes

My First Apricot from my Backyard ever! (There were 5 total and all picked a bit too early but still tasty!)

11 Likes