Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2023 Edition

@Naeem @TNHunter

Reliance does not have showy blooms it’s blooms are small and not very pretty. These are reliance peaches Reliance Peach- Best Peaches ever!

6 Likes

First Reliance peaches! Their fragrance called to me when I leaned over to rewrite a label.

Osage blackberries continue to produce and are really sweet. Triple crown just coming in. My new Kiowa produced just a few.

9 Likes

Stark sent me wrong peach tree before. I bought July Elberta which was described as showey flowers on its website when I bought it. Two to three years later. When it bloomed, no, not showey flower at all. It is supposed to ripen in July, but mine ripens in mid to late August. What could I do or say, after the tree had been planted and started to bloom. I am since very cautiously of ordering any trees from it.
My Reliance was from Stark too on the same order. It has none showey bloom and the description of fruits size, mature time (adjusted to my local date) matches actual fruit. Stark sent me one correct tree and one wrong tree

2 Likes

Too bad they only bloom for a few weeks.

10 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Santa Rosa and Satsuma plums almost ending . These are little hard but sweet birds are going after them very hard so one more harvest after this and plums season will be over for me.

15 Likes

Sweet treat pluerry…very long hang time…

14 Likes

it’s that time when things are not ready, but soon, and other things are done. the in between time

8 Likes

Or, they all ripen at once! Squash are so rewarding, they give and give some more!

3 Likes

Peaches mostly Red haven .

13 Likes

Beautiful Redhaven. I haven’t been able to get a decent Red Haven peach. This year the sprays kept them all looking good until they started to ripen and the birds, minor cracking and mostly the sap eating beetles damaged most of them. The few good ones were only slightly better than bland due to the clouds and rainy weather.

2 Likes

Sadly my story also, except you can add rot after those things happen. Was going so great for cherry and apricot.

1 Like

Okra, Squash, blackberry, watermelon…

5 Likes

Li jujube

Lang jujube

5 Likes

My First Apricot from my Backyard ever! (There were 5 total and all picked a bit too early but still tasty!)

11 Likes

Meiwa kumquat is loaded with flowers

Tomato plant from my compost

La Reine

Fuyu persimmon, they are getting fatter than last year, less fruit dropped this year

Some type of raspberry, can’t get close to see the label, but it’s using my longan tree as support.

6 Likes

Everything is not that smooth on my end too. This year fruit set was so high that is why I was able to harvest more. It is just a matter of day like today squirrels found my Contender tree and destroyed lot of peaches. In past never had that much problem. These pictures were take today.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Should have thinned more!

14 Likes

Finally a Bevan’s Favorite apple is ripe. This is about two weeks later than last year. It is just as I remember. Light, crisp, thin skinned, and refreshing. A small to medium apple, but a welcome treat and start to the apple harvest.

Not many peaches this year, so I’m treasuring what I have. More Reliance peaches still sporting a bit of surround. Their fragrance fills the kitchen. I love it!

They are a nice size too.

14 Likes