Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2023 Edition

Every time it rains… my eversweet strawberries produce a few sweeties a few days later.

And yes that delicious CHE fruit is coming on.

7 Likes

Ilinni blackberries in hand… fall raspberries coming on… HRs.

8 Likes

@Naeem what is the average length of your Satsuma plums? I have a couple on a multivariety plum tree that are probably just barely over 1 inch in height that are beginning to pale so I’m guessing these won’t grow much more, if at all… I was expecting them to be larger.

1 Like

These are about close to two inches , six year old graft . As your tree grow bigger and strong should increase size in my opinion.

1 Like

I picked the first ripe Intrepid this year. It has a classic peachy flavor. This is probably 2 weeks earlier than in years past.

20 Likes

Nice!. I’m drooling

2 Likes

10 Likes

This tomato is getting sexier, I know it’s a risk to leave it out there, but I want this to be ripe for BLT, maybe tomorrow I will pick it.

My largest Hosui pear, it seems to be growing very slowly, when I have time I give it extra water, but not always.

Desert King has some big figs this year, I’m going to cut this tree down to the fence line after this year, I think it takes too much sun space. If i understand correctly, these are brebas, fruit from last year wood.

Last but not least, finally I have 2 tiny lychees the size of a small thumb, they are growing slowly, but I feel that I didn’t do right on this tree, I should have planted it in more loamy, sandy soil, not clayish like where it’s planted. This year i gave it a bit of mulch and it seems to hold on to the fruit.

10 Likes

Yes,cut the two year old wood off.Next year’s fruit,will be on the new growth happening now.

1 Like

Show off! :stuck_out_tongue: those look perfect!

1 Like

Thanks Susu! They are only perfect in that most likely don’t have a bug larva inside which is good enough to give away to friends and coworkers. Plenty with bites from PC and what not but scabbed over.

3 Likes

I removed my tin foil on my peaches and they are turning pink too. But I covered them again at night.

12 Likes

Amazing harvest, Jim. Those plums look absolutely delightful.

1 Like

This year is very good for peaches. First picture Red Haven is almost perfect balance of sweetness and peach flavor.
Red Haven is ripening , Veteran is next and in two weeks will be Harken . Reliance is about a month away. So happy with production this year.

17 Likes

Very nice @Naeem your family is blessed with all the good stuff you produce there. Awesome peaches…

2 Likes

I am envious at your peach fruits set this year. I have very small amount of peaches on the trees due to the weather in the spring.
I had Reliance peach before and it ripens end of July/early Aug in Chicagoland (zone5). I am surprised to hear that yours ( in zone7) takes another month. You sure you have Reliance?

It came as a Reliance but will find out more soon. This tree was a gift and is third year in ground. Last year it did set few fruits but I was travelling and lost those . I am guessing a month after looking peach size and stage . It may be a mislabeled and could be another peach.

1 Like

@Naeem … does your reliance have pretty showey light pink blossoms ? Or are they not showey at all and more on the dark pink reddish side ?

I had a Reliance… got from Starks 2003… it had beautiful light pink extra showey blossoms…

See below.

But I found out after joining here that it was not reliance… reliance does not have nice pretty showey blossoms like that.

Mine was like reliance in several ways… when it fruited what the fruit looked like… but the blossoms said nope… not reliance.

6 Likes

No mine are different whatever it is suits ripening order every other peach will be done when it will ripen .

3 Likes