Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2023 Edition

they’re pretty much done.

6 Likes

Cascade gold raspberries ripening!

6 Likes

dieter tulips

honey locust (?) that had a rough winter

tomatillos from my landrace seeds

not sure what it is. can’t remember planting this.

orange is so nice

6 Likes

Substitute peaches… :+1:

2 Likes

that sounds so good

Egyptian walking onion. They are perennial so I think this will end up in a stir fry.

4 Likes

First strawberries of the season. Not even sure what variety these are anymore.

5 Likes

Your tulip is very pretty. dieter tulips is its name?

1 Like

A couple PNW native species flowering in my neighborhood today…
Madrona (Arbutus menziesii)

Salal (Gaultheria shallon)

8 Likes

Heritage Reds…

Ripe red gem vs green carmine goumi (graft).

10 Likes

I believe so, or a very similar German name starts with a d. I ordered them a few years ago and don’t remember where from

1 Like

My morning sun… propigation staging area… raspberries and figs.

6 Likes

Orchids! First flower was formed around a month or so ago and still looking good.

15 Likes

My Nishimura Wase persimmon is starting to open some flowers.

Note that both male and female flowers are present in the last 2 pictures.

Male and female Cheong Pyong flowers. I don’t see any hermaphroditic flowers on the tree unlike last year.

9 Likes

All flowers on my JT-02 looking same ?

6 Likes

Naeem, those are all female flowers. I think JT-02 is a girl tree.

Thanks @PharmerDrewee . I have one Diospyros virginiana growing next to it no flower on it. Also One potted prok with some flowers on it. Also two grafts from you so hopefully will get some male flowers in coming years or I need to put a graft or two on JT-02. Please correct me if this is right way or not.

I don’t think the 2 I gave you will have male flowers unless you mean ones you did from scions. My memory isn’t great but weren’t they Giombo and 20th Century? Those would be females too.

1 Like

Yes I have these. So with only female flowers trees do I need a male tree to get fruit from these to cross pollinate ?

1 Like

You’ll get fruit as is. I like mine pollinated because I think it helps prevent excessive fruit drop. The resulting seeds aren’t much of a bother to me.

2 Likes