Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2023 Edition

6 Year old , 10 feet high and about 10 feet wide.

I did only one spray about 3 weeks ago fruit tree and plant guard. I believe you can get away from spraying with only one fungicide and one insecticide spray.

3 Likes

Really cool to hear that, as kids, you put effort into improving the crop.

5 Likes

we wanted free apples haha

an older neighbor told us that if we thinned it out we would get more. he was correct. those trees were old, cracked trunks. massive.

3 Likes

Jam session in progress… 5.5 cups of Heritage Reds. Will post jam pics when done… shortly.

There you go…

Almost 5 half pints of low sugar chia red raspberry jam.

18 Likes

Its a BEEautiful morning

16 Likes

Hall’s Beauty getting ready

13 Likes

Sweet mock orange - Philadelphus coronarius. It smelled especially strong in the evening.

8 Likes

Lapin cherries are ripe. Crazy good! There is something about the aftertaste that reminds me champagne. :yum:

20 Likes

@Squiggy

My mouth is watering! Nice job growing those!

4 Likes

Sweetcrisp - first batch, crunchy and sweet at advertised!

Springhigh - a small container plant producing loads of large berries! Soft but juicy! Not a lot of flavor to it.

Southmoon - unique flavor and a good balance of sweet and tart

8 Likes

Stayman coming along nicely… Zip-top plastic bag removed for pic:

Late because of the dieback this year I assume, Blackberry are just now really at full bloom:

Won’t be long now (Jewel Black):

Gonna be a good Blueberry year here:

Pawpaw:

A few per day are a real treat:

12 Likes

A good persimmon year coming up. Let’s see how many I actually get to eat…

8 Likes

my last cabbage of the year

as you can tell I’m incredibly proud.

9 Likes

A nice blenheim apricot. It’s a little green but I like them firm.

11 Likes

Big sweet nice flavor… Climax Rabiteyes.

11 Likes

Pictures of this beautiful rose near my bus stop, not only it’s gorgeous, it’s fragrant too, what a combo.

This could be Dormund

Rugosa, found on my walk near the old train station

11 Likes

The center of the pink rose reminds me of some mandalas. Always enjoy your pics!

3 Likes

My volunteer pomegranate from my sisters compost is about six years old now and hasn’t given me any fruit yet. I’m hoping this is the year. I’m not sure if it grew from a seed or a cutting that just rooted itself.

13 Likes

the basics today

potato, scarlet runner bean, tomatillo

6 Likes

Honey Berries harvested these yesterday. I let them hang on two weeks after changing color. Good number of fallen berries on ground is an indicator of ripeness.

18 Likes