Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2023 Edition

This White Winter Pearmain on B.9 is getting a little carried away with itself:

8 Likes

Red Baron, second year and it has lots of fruit, I’m not thinning, waiting for the squirrel to do the job.

11 Likes

You should pay your squirrel minimum wage.

3 Likes

Haha, he stripped of half of the other donut peach tree already.

sound like you got a extremely motivated “worker” in your yard

1 Like

Yeap, he shows up everyday, most likely 3 times a day.

1 Like

Satsuma plum, I covered them after this photo with tin foil. I want to make sure I taste them at maximum flavor, maybe 2 more weeks after this.

8 Likes

New red poppy opened today in the pollinator garden

7 Likes

black raspberry, unknown type. winecaps! potato flowers. a squash in a sling. and my tomatoes are all appearing, still green.

8 Likes

My apricots, tomatoes and peaches. Mirabelles and figs, too. The Mistral is the cause of missing leaves.

18 Likes

lots of figs!

2 Likes

Very nice Echinacea.

Wow @mrsg47, it’s hard to grow anything in container, let alone apricot.

3 Likes

My rocoto/manzano pepper (Capsicum pubescens) is finally starting to flower, more than a year after it was planted in the greenhouse:

Also the first female squash blossom of the year, Trombetta for the win:

10 Likes

Those apricots look fantastic!

1 Like

Every year they are excellent. With a new tree added this year, I will have plenty next year.

2 Likes

Pitangas

6 Likes

@Luisport … those look like candy.

Very pretty !

1 Like

Yes they are very good looking and mine are good flavor too…

1 Like

Some roses from April/May.

Lady Emma Hamilton. A very fruity fragrance

Charles de Mills, the perfect Gallica rose!

Madame Hardy, an exquisite white Damask rose. Old rose scent with something fresh and herbal about it

And an unknown damask perpetual (Portland) coming from a mountain village in Soria, Spain. I suspect it to be close to Rose de Rescht. Pure perfect old rose scent!

Stanwell Perpetual, a damask X Pimpenifollia rose with a very sweet fragrance and dainty leafs

11 Likes