Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2023 Edition

Wow just marvelous! Congratulations! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Those roses are to die for. I can’t grow some of them, thanks for sharing. I particularly love Madame Hardy.

2 Likes

Is it because of a lack of winter chill?

Because Lady Emma doesn’t ask for much cold in winter at all!

1 Like

Possible, I gave away Charles de Mills. My LEH is doing well here.

1 Like

Joan J raspberry

Fuyu persimmon right next to Joan J

6 Likes

Some damasks con work better with little chill I believe, maybe try some and see.
The gallicas indeed are famous for their reported high chill needs, sorry that Charles de Mills didn’t work for you.

2 Likes

I just planted these less than 2 weeks, the bush beans are from seeds, looking good.

My melon and cucumber bed.

8 Likes

Beautiful !

1 Like

First major harvest of plums and these are delicious sweet and also find a blended one here and there but love it. Mostly these are Beauty plum but some Nadia too. Color difference in plums pictures because first two pictures were taken outside with lot of light and last picture shows true color .

17 Likes

I need to find more ways to cook winecaps.

my melons have boy flowers

some squash coming ready soon

9 Likes

My garden is like a battlefield, I’m redoing the front bed, took out 2 palm trees already, and a lot of roses were removed to container temporary.
However I noticed a nice branch of Boscobel this morning.

The Pride, my newly acquired rose from Palantine

Julia Child

9 Likes

Not everything going great . Lost a Harken peach graft with thirty plus good size peaches on it due to tornado day before yesterday. Good thing lost half of it and another half is till good with 30 or so peaches on it.

8 Likes

Oh no @Naeem, sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Are tornadoes fairly rare in your area?

Our average per year is 2 for last fifty or sixty years. I do not know if it is rare or common.

5 Likes

Glenglo peaches are starting to ripen. This is earlier than last year by about 2 weeks.

16 Likes

I’ve been encouraging these unknown poppies (probably Spanish poppies?) to grow around the perimeter of my stone patio because they seem to thrive in small cracks but unlike their main competitors (dandelions and grass) they are easily pulled up when they volunteer somewhere they aren’t wanted.

This patch is pretty much done flowering and just started dropping its seed, and the patio stones are thick with it:

I just swept that pile of seeds into the next bare area where I’ve pulled out dandelions and grass.

2 Likes

SS100 and yellow crookneck squash coming on.

7 Likes

Genetics in these volunteer Rudbeckia results in surprising variation. Planted over 20 years ago they still seed themselves. Some have a single stem; some have clumps of 10 stems. Height varies from 1 ft to 3 ft. Colors vary.
This is a large bushy one about 3 ft high:

This one is only 1 ft high:

A double:

Another small one:

9 Likes