What are your summer flowers blooming?

4 Likes

My lavender, a different variety from that of @RichardRoundTree.

And another purple flower, Balloon flowers.

6 Likes

Took these photos last night, smells very nice.

8 Likes

What are the white flowers? The blooms look like mexican tuberose.

Stephanotis, in the jasmine family I believe

These poppies are all over my back yard, and I assumed they were the California poppy since that’s pretty common in Seattle landscapes, but upon closer inspection the seed pods and leaves don’t seem to match:

The closest match I can find online appears to be some rather obscure species from Russia, Papaver popovii:

Does anyone know anything about this species? I was thinking I might collect some seeds for my next batch of bagels but can’t seem to find anything about whether all poppyseeds are edible or only certain species.

edit: There’s one other species (Spanish poppy, P. rupifragum) that looks pretty similar, so not sure which one this is, or if it’s some other species. Never realized how many species of poppy there are until now!

2 Likes

White and blue agapanthus

4 Likes

Multicolor hibiscus. Clitoria

9 Likes

I moved into this house about 3 weeks ago. So I’m still being surprised by what is here. The tiny lilies are my favorite!

9 Likes

I first knew them as Leopard Flower. Then after hearing the name Blackberry Lily I knew where that name must have came from (seeds). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting about the seeds. Up until they bloomed last week, I kept expecting bearded irises, and was wonder why they were so late.

1 Like

Cardinal flower, Lobelia cardinalis

8 Likes

These grow along our country road… took a pic while walking with my wife this eve… enjoy them every year… late summer… fall.

TNHunter

3 Likes

Some of the Current ones
Tournament of Roses

Guava

Trumpet vine blooming first time ever

Some from July
Red hot poker back in June

4 Likes

Some flowers from 9000’

4 Likes

Love your lilies!!!

1 Like

Thank you! Me too the pictures do not do the colors justice

1 Like

Front porch flowers…

TNHunter

6 Likes

Mexican Tuberose has been blooming for a little while. I overwintered in the basement. Has done great. Smells amazing.

5 Likes

I have some white flowers, too.

The lilies are very fragrant.

5 Likes