Buds , Flowers and Fruits 2022 Edition!

Yes, I have wild strawberry all over my property as well. They are small but tasty!

2 Likes

european pear and table grape

6 Likes

Here’s the patch I have growing right in the front yard, snapped these just now.

7 Likes

my patches of bruinswick lowbush are starting to spread out and make patches as well around my highbushes which will make picking them interesting. also have alpine straws and arctic rasps in there as well.

2 Likes

White bletilla

7 Likes

This strawberry patch that originated as a bird-planted volunteer seedling last year finally has some fruit swelling. I hope it tastes good since I’ve let it spread all over that area:

I’m pretty jealous of all the berries everyone else has while my strawberries and honeyberries (earliest things in my yard) are still nowhere near starting to ripen!

I posted it in the PNW thread, but for anyone interested, here’s a post full of photos showing the current state of wild berries around these parts:

1 Like

None of my pears set fruit, I assume Blossom Blast from Pseudomonas, except for Seckel which seems unfazed.

It rained non-stop this spring, plus late freeze - so I didn’t do any spray, in spite of buying a new sprayer :frowning: Probably why got none, or almost no set on the Emerald Drop.

Splash pluot also set well, while the other varieties on the same tree didn’t. I have no idea how it got its name, but apparently Pseudomonas is spread by splashing water droplets, and it seems resistant.

Nadia Cherry Plum is another that is doing well so far.

3 Likes

i dont spray either im testing its resistance to disease. yes we had a rather long winter i lost a few mulberries and figs. pears all doing fine.

I don’t mean to rekindle the “is it a fruit” debate, but I’m happy with the look of the rhubarb this spring. It’s one thing that didn’t mind our cold and rainy weather:

13 Likes

My first stone fruit of the season - Sauzee Swirl white donut peach

13 Likes

what variety? looks like my Canada red.

1 Like

Yeah, it might be. Definitely had red or crimson or something in the name.

2 Likes

Heritage reds beat my logans to ripen this year…

8 Likes

Same here @murky

Feijoa flowers

Blood peach

9 Likes

Noticed bud worms eating all the new buds on some of my older apple trees…guess I gotta find a day with no rain and spray.

2 Likes

Guabiroba fruits

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of these! How do they taste? They look like they are a unique color and texture for guava relatives.

1 Like

Hi! This is a great fruit. It smells like a tropical perfume of many fruits and the flavor is like a tropical juice! :yum:

This guabiroba is campomanesia xantocarpa and is from the family of sete capotes.

GUABIRABA AMARELA DELICIAS LÁ DA ROÇA - YouTube

O Pé de Gabiroba do Sitio do Aleksander 15.11.18 - YouTube

1 Like

Unfortunately, a branch full of flowers (turning into fruits) broke off in our pom tree. I’m going to leave that as I have seen fruits ripen even with a split and I don’t see too many chances for a disease in our dry weather until Fall. Will prune that later after harvest (if it survives that long)

4 Likes