Can anyone identify this type of mango?

I moved into a house last August in Tampa, FL that has a mango tree. I don’t know what cultivar of mango it is, so I’m not sure how to decide when to pick them, etc. Here is a picture of a few of them that fell off in some heavy wind this week. I put a pen there for scale. Also one on the tree. There are some on the tree that I think are a little larger, and have somewhat larger pink/red area. I also put a picture that I took in August of the last two mangoes from the tree, which were straight up yellow - not green or red. The ones from August were actually about the same size as the larger ones are today, if that means anything. I don’t think the previous owner took very good care of it though, so it may have been malnourished and dehydrated last year.

Anybody have an educated guesses based on their current color and size for May?

2 Likes

Here’s one on the tree:

2 Likes

And one from August last year:

2 Likes

Try posting this at tropicalfruitforum.com – there are many Florida mango growers that frequent that site. Another option is to look at the Pine Island mango cultivar viewer at their website. Whatever you have, it’s of Indian mango parentage (versus Southeast Asian)