Candied Violets (Fail)

Expectation

Reality

8 Likes

Close enough!

2 Likes

Hilarious!

I think you make those by using a misting spray bottle and throwing blended sugar on them.

1 Like

I am going to have to try that. I something with a finer mesh for the powdered sugar.

2 Likes

I think it is a good start. And they’re probably tastier than the ones in the stock picture on top. :blush:. I live very close to Washington DC, in Ellicott city. I have been trying to get fragrant/sweet violets growing around here for years… I tried Growing came from seeds, as well as my order ceilings from reputable sources in the US and Europe. I wanted English, French and Tuscan cultivars.
I grew up in Poland, where they are endemic. In fact,I don’t remember any non-fragrant violets.

Where are you actually able to grow fragrance violets in DC?

1 Like

Just throw regular sugar in the blender it does not have any flour or additives to it and makes a nice fine blend. That one looks like they just pulsed the sugar for like 3 seconds

These are violas what are fragrant violets?

Not in DC anymore save when I visit my Mom, These Violets are just growing wild next to house and there to preaty to waste and I have way to much time not to try to use them. I did buy some sweet violet seeds last year but I did not start them yet. If they take the same environment the wild ones like I should have no problem naturalizing them.

1 Like

Actualy I put sugar and some corn starch in my spice grinder and it came out perfect.

1 Like

Ugh, I’ve tried this. I used a paintbrush. I got about ten done before my back was so sore I had to stop

1 Like