Candy Heart Pluerry with pollinators

My Candy Heart seems to be a favorite of the pollinators. Sugar Twist bud swelled just a bit early and had fried buds from our arctic blast a few weeks ago therefore has few flowers. Other than Sugar Twist everything seems to be fine and all pretty much coming into bloom at same time.

Can anyone identify these pollinators?

Candy Heart on March 6, 2021

Candy Heart in March 13, 2021

3 Likes

Looks like mason bees to me.

The one in 2 Pics up from bottom looks like a yellow jacket wasp, the others look more like a mason wasp similar to ones I often saw building little mud tunnels for nesting in West Tn where I grew up. I see you are in Texas, so. You probably have similar mason wasp nickname was “ Dirt Doberman”! Our mason bees here in Washington state look more like a very large house fly with slightly wide spread wings.
Dennis
Kent, wa

Definitely not yellow jackets. They are bees. There are so many similar species, it may be difficult to tell which it is.
Many look identical, except for size and time of emergence. I just potted up a Candy Heart, so it is good to know the bees like it. They are also very fond of Shiro plum.

How old is the candy heart? Mine is starting its second season in the ground, but the branches are very vertical/upright. Yours are much better branched.

1 Like

This is its third leaf I think.

1 Like