Carmine Jewell Cherry Yields increasing with age

Ugh… It took forever to scroll to the latest post. And no, on the android app for this site there isn’t a scroll button or slide bar.

I did stop by to look at some of the photos…maybe one day I’ll be posting my own photos, just not of this variety (not enough chill here).

1 Like

To scroll tap the number showing the amount of replies in a post and scroll to rhe bottom that way.

1 Like

Solved!!!

Thanks. That wasn’t obvious at all. The app isn’t supported for android Google Play store anymore so I figured it just didn’t have many options.

Need some advice on my three Carmine Jewels. They’re about 8 years old–three bushes planted too close, 5’ spacing and now they are really crowded. Also about 9’ high. They peaked on production at about year 4–(lots of cherries!), now don’t get much. There is a lot of non-productive wood inside.

I’m thinking about removing the middle bush and really doing a major renewal pruning job on the remaining two next spring. Maybe taking them back down to 4’.

Your thoughts on this strategy? Thanks.

2 Likes

I would guess you have lots of suckers sprouting up now, too.

3 Likes

you cut that middle one, make sure you put some crossbow on the stumps and be ready to spray or transplant the sprouts that survive. its probably a good idea to remove it and prune it down some. mine are about 10ft apart and that’s about right. even 12’ might be even better to allow more air in there.

2 Likes