Chill Hours

I am hoping someone can confirm chill hours in my location. I am in Moraga, CA. It is zone 9b. I have used multiple sources to determine my average chill hours per year. The number from multiple sites is over 1000 below 45 degrees. It seems high, so I am not sure if I am just misreading. Thanks for any help.

2 Likes

Welcome, this is what I found that can help you find how many chill hours your area has. From what I am seeing since the hours started counting in late October you have about 1500 hours already. Here is a link of the chill hour calculator.
https://fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu/chill-calculator

Welcome to the forum. This year’s chill hours is kinda out of the ordinary, way more than normal across Northern California. In Sacramento county, it is already 1300+ hours. During normal years, it is around 800-1000 hours. From your local CIMIS data, I think you can take average of 2018-19 to 2021-22 years to get better idea of average chill hours in Moraga.

Thank you both. That is the source I was looking at. Just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly.

1 Like