Chinese Honey Peach Trees

I am reading about these trees but can’t seem to find anyone who sells them. Where can one buy Athena or the other great varieites?

1 Like

The only honey peach you can buy is Saturn. It tastes pretty much identical to Pallas which is its parent. Saturn is a donut peach. Arboreum used to sell Shui Mi Tao but I have not seen it listed t here for some time. Most of us with honey peaches grafted them ourselves.

3 Likes

Thanks @scottfsmith. Let this novice ask you a question. I am totally new to growing peaches, but love the super sweet varieties, so I’m in Central MS, so what are a couple of good varieties for me to try?

1 Like

Hi! I used to grow Shui Mi Tao. It was excellent. Sold my house & orchard. If you cannot find a Chinese variety, I suggest you buy a sweet, melting type white peach. They are less acidic than many yellow peaches and are sweeter. I would ask the forum for Shui Mi Tao scion or recommendations for very large, sweet, juicy white peaches.

3 Likes

This is a peach variety from China called “Baifeng”.They are soft when ripe and well hydrated, averaging about 350-500g each.
Uploading: 微信图片_20231130204158.jpg…

1 Like

Your photo didn’t uplode… i can’t see it.

1 Like

Sorry, I’ll replace it now.

4 Likes

Bob Purvis in Idaho had a honey peach scion available. I don’t remember the specifics but he wasn’t impressed with it in his climate.

1 Like

The Chinese ‘honey-water’peach you can easily find-is Shui Mi Tao. You can buy it from Arboreum, if they still grow it. There is a larges classification of Chinese Honey peaches

2 Likes