Citrus Row!

Yes it is a horrible picture…someday I will get a real camera. Maybe even take a photography class…:smirk:

95’ x 10’ of delicious citrus! We decided on semi dwarfs to hopefully create a hedge like row. Excited for the years to come!

Washington
Late Lane
Cara Cara
Valencia (Midknight)
Red Valencia
Bearss Lime
Meyer Lemon
Kishu Mandarin
Honey Mandarin
Satsuma Mandarin
Golden Nugget Mandarin

12 Likes

Jennifer, SO nice! You like your oranges, eh? You made all good cultivar choices. Very nicely done, and what a great screen this will be in just a few years.

1 Like

Pretty neat.I’d like to grow some of those. Brady

1 Like

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

Heck of a good wind screen and privacy barrier too. Good job of putting the Bearss lime in the middle where it will get additional freeze protection from the other trees.

1 Like

Ahhh. I’m so jealous. I’ve always wanted to do have a hedgerow of citrus bit our current city lot isn’t big enough.

Some day.

1 Like

I learned the hard way on that one…ahemm…not my first Bearss lime tree…:wink::wink:

1 Like

For some stupid reason I put a row of Leyland cypress in this spot. I was not thinking with my fruit brain at that time…lol

Keep in mind that during our summers, Citrus require 1.5 to 2 times the water of pit fruits.

1 Like

Just fertilized and watered the row…most are doing well and are flowering/setting fruit. Honey and midnight Valencia are struggling…not sure what’s going on there. Honey is completely bare Valencia has flowers and some leaves but looks bad. These 2 are planted next each other…maybe it’s the soil…we’ll see what happens…

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

2 of my seven Citrus look like that. One of them is Midnight – planted from a 24" box. I did make vertical incisions on all 4 sides of the rootball but it’s still acting like it’s girdled. The other is a young Robinson Navel – I think it is tired of all the water. I skipped it in last week’s irrigation but it doesn’t look any happier.

1 Like

Updating…

Things are going great. More lemons and limes thenni know what to do with. We use all the oranges…mostly juice and freeze. Last all year. Finally got those two spots to grow a tree. Put in a satsuma and washington navel and they are alive and growing. Hard to get pictures now that most are huge. The larger trees I trim like a hedge sides and top.

3 Likes