Clark County Home and Garden Idea Fair: what will be there

In WA state are many garden fairs. In my county they even have a free bus that will take you from park and ride walking distance from where I live to the fairgrounds in Ridgefield, and you can indeed bring a wagon!

Every year I get tomatoes from one vendor who grows about 100 kinds, and he is happy to grow a variety if you ask. Other repeat customers are Aitkens that grows stunning Iris (I have enough to trade or sell now), one vendor right in front with lilies, and a guy with the most cactus and succulants I ever seen.

This is an ideal experience as there is no cost for entry, they accept donated canned food for the poor though, and they have experts teaching free seminars on things like composting, recycling, etc. They also show examples of how to landscape a home’s backyard to be an enjoyable outdoor room, often with trees, waterfall, lighting, and bench.

Often the newest varieties you find in catalogs for flowers or other plants are on sale there.

I keep hoping one day they will offer Marshall Stawberries, as Raintree is in our state, but I cannot get to their nursery. The fair is coming up this next weekend and I will be coming home with a ton of stuff. What to get? It just depends on what will be there.

2 Likes