Clear goop on peach tree trunk

Hi,

I recently came back from a month-long vacation and noticed some problems with our young peach tree.

There is a clear goop coming out of the trunk which is peeling at the base and on some branches. I’ve attached a picture. There used to be a lot more, but I wiped most of it away. Additionally, many of the leaves have lots of holes.

Before I left, none of the leaves had any holes and there were no problems with the trunk.

From my preliminary research, it seems like the culprit is the peach tree borer.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can confirm this/ give advice on what to do! I’m a complete newbie so any help would be great!

It’s not peach tree borer. That occurs near ground level and would include frass from the borer activity.

The top picture seems to be some type of injury that is now bleeding sap. Clear sap isn’t serious. And I think that injury will heal.

The middle issue isn’t clear. I assume there was more clear sap. I’m not sure if that’s anything serious but doesn’t appear to be.

The leaf damage isn’t serious at all. It could be June bug damage or something similar.

Chances are your tree is OK. But I could be wrong. The center pic could be more than I’m seeing.

3 Likes

I can’t ignore that impressive polygonal masonry of the rock wall… Is this the peruvian andes or what?