Court Pendu Plat

That’s the reason I was considering it as well.

1 Like

If you want a scion next spring, let me know.

1 Like

It looks like year 8 was the year for CPP to produce a few fruit here. A fair number of them are showing some type of rot/internal break down. No idea if that’s due to drought and excessive heat (for central MN anyway), if the variety just doesn’t like this location, or some other factor. This has been a weird year overall for fruit and vegetable production, so I’m not going to make any decisions on keeping or getting rid of any trees at this point. The CPP fruit I picked and sampled still has greenish flesh and the seeds are nowhere near brown. I’d guess they need at least another 3 weeks on the tree.
CPP
cpp1
cpp2

9 Likes

I just took a CPP out of the crisper, I think it was picked 10 days ago or so. Definitely a complex apple. I brix tested it and was a bit surprised it came in at 22. I believe that’s the highest brix I’ve recorded for any variety here. I haven’t tested my Golden Russets this year, but in the past I think they were anywhere from 18-21.
CPP isn’t my favorite kind of apple and my wife won’t eat them. I can understand how others enjoy them, and I may come to enjoy them yet.

4 Likes

Those would be great for here, also. Kansas, midwest USA is notorious for mild late winter, then a blast of hard freeze killing flowerbuds on trees

Wow, another week or so in the crisper really changed the remaining CPPs. I’m not good at describing apple flavors, but I’d guess I’d say they have mellowed a bit. The sweetness is stronger and the tartness is still there, but less “in your face”. This is an apple I will enjoy for sure.

3 Likes