CR - Produce With Pesticides - a health concern

Concerning…

2 Likes
2 Likes

A very comprehensive study. I wish there was more information on the specific insecticides detected. The depth and complexity of the problem was emphasized with this statement: “The samples were tested for 584 parent pesticides,metabolites, degradates, and/or isomers, plus 20 environmental contaminants…”. That’s a very long list of possibly harmful chemicals.
Some of this is subjective when phrases like these are used:
CR’s scientists think many EPA tolerances are set too high.
CR’s approach also accounts for the possibility that other health risks may emerge …

You may want to look in to sauna for detox of many of these chemicals.

In a study published in 2010, they found that many toxic heavy metals were preferentially excreted through sweat. The authors concluded that “induced sweating appears to be a potential method for the elimination of many toxic elements from the human body.”

Subsequent studies from the same group have shown that infrared/steam sauna sessions can help eliminate phthalates, flame retardants, Bisphenol A, pesticides, and PCBs.

1 Like

Surprised only 8 members read the article about the major Consumer Reports research project so far.
I was surprised pesticides on blueberries were a concern. It’s the one of the few fruits I don’t need to spray.

1 Like

Yeah I have blueberries fairly close to blackberries and SWD attack the blacks with a vengeance but not too much bothers the blues. And a bit disappointing about the interest in the article… I’m no anti-pesticide crusader (synthetic or organic either one) but am aware and try to choose wisely. I’ve often wondered about the “organic” labeled fruitst and vegs at the store as well, whether the farmer actually used a systemic synthetic and are lying about it. Even if there’s testing to verify, it’s probably one in a thousand which are…

1 Like