Delicioso Pluot

Having come across a list from Andy’s Orchard,this Pluot looks very interesting.Has anyone ever tasted or grown this one,maybe @fruitnut?I haven’t seen the name at any CRFG exchange.
Here is Andy’s description.The date is probably their harvest time.
DELICIOSO August 10 - 15
A previously unnamed pluot, this is one of the finest
flavored of the pluots, developed by Zaiger Genetics.
Beautiful pink-orange flesh that has complex flavor
with hints of melon, apricot and tropical flavor.
Could be a variety that is presented and then fades away.

4 Likes

I haven’t heard of that one. I’d like to try it. Maybe someday it will go out as retail trees. Likely wishful thinking.

2 Likes

Hi,
May be an autocorrector issue?

It,s DeliciosA

Could you please edit/correct for future searches? Thanks

Anyhow , sure there are unknown or not released varieties for whatever reason.

Hope someone visit and investigate this topic.

Best Regards

4 Likes

If there is more interest,maybe contact Andy’s Orchard and ask them.Here is where the information,that I printed,came from.

In this blog,they are calling it a Plum.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for such complete information Brady,

I am in Europe, then even if I call them, I am not able to finish a complete investigation ,
this is only curiosity from my side, sound ironic people trying to have all Zaiger pluots for years and suddenly appears a new one!

My personal opinion regarding this topic, it has too many not consistent info an errors in the few available information, it looks more close to the telephone broken result done usually by the people who have been talking about the story from one to other one and finally some part is missing or some information changed.

The photo within the page you attached looks more a Burbank variety than a Zaiger variety…

1 Like

The information that I have,is only a part of the whole thing.If it’s worth someone’s time,a more definite explanation,could probably be realized.
I’m sure there are Zaiger varieties,that don’t get released and somehow,someone is able to get them.