Desert Dawn nectarine

Here’s a view from the south of my DWN Desert Dawn nectarine. About 1/3 of the flower buds are open, another 1/3 emerging, and the remaining 1/3 set.

7 Likes

Of the dozen fruit sets I permitted to mature on this young tree, 3 of them were ripe today. They are small fruits – about 2 inches across. Not bad for a 1st year crop!

Did you like the taste and are they freestone (the description says “semi-freestone”)?

In my opinion, a great tasting yellow nectarines for my low chill climate. The semi-freestone description is correct. They are not a cling fruit, closer to freestone.

1 Like

Next victim of my summer pruning routine.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Still need to do some thinning :slight_smile:

4 Likes

IPM

December confusion.

2 Likes

My Eva’s Pride has been in full bloom for 3 weeks and has set fruit. I am pretty sure I will not get any fruit this coming year. Super bummed out!

:astonished: :cry:

7 Likes

I really enjoy seeing the blooms this time of year. Even though it is far away here it is spring somewhere.

4 Likes

One pruned yellow nectarine.

5 Likes

Today.

10 Likes

I love your border walls. (Did you get Mexico to pay for those?) tee hee
Seriously . . . I really like them. Functional - and very ‘neat’ . . . but also lovely in your yard.

1 Like

Actually I paid Mexico twice (LOL) … first for the materials and second for the labor … although in the latter case the father and uncle immigrated 30 years ago from Oaxaca and became citizens in the '90’s, and the son is an honor student at Vista high school. Ya know, math isn’t much of a challenge when you spend your weekends thinking about lengths, heights, and volumes of landscape materials. The father has a CA contractor’s license, I wouldn’t be surprised if the son becomes an electrical engineer. :heart:

5 Likes

This afternoon I thinned 2 gallons of fruit sets from the tree, leaving about 50 to mature. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Richard

All that work and the only thing you got is …

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Mike

1 Like