Did something happen? The generator thread disappeared

I came to see if there is any new posting about generator, it’s gone. What did I miss?

It’s in the Lounge.

1 Like

I moved it to reference so it is public again.

2 Likes

I found it at Reference, thank you! I can’t see lounge anymore, maybe it’s because I haven’t been here or posting frequent enough.

Moving it to Reference is a very liberal interpretation of the word reference. it’s just a group of people discussing generators. Can we move every interesting topic to the category Reference? It was in the lounge section because it is not directly related to fruit growing.

1 Like

I believe it was originally placed in the general fruit growing category. It should be a lounge topic but it had a lot of activity from non-lounge members.

1 Like

Generators are really important for greenhouses, so I don’t think they are too far away from fruit growing and public discussion.

2 Likes

There are limitations with the current organization of the board. The problem with the lounge is that new people and those who rarely post can’t see it. This leaves few options for starting a thread with broad interest such as the one on generators. While it is not directly associated with fruit growing, it is directly associated with many of the people who grow fruit. I understand prohibitions on discussion of religion and politics, after all, this is a fruit growing board, but there should be an easy way to post a thread such as generators where everyone can see it.

7 Likes

@Fusion_power

Would I be breaking any rules if I say that I log on religiously every day to read the posts here and to partake and join in the discussions and posts here? :wink:

Mike

3 Likes

Ah yes, you have a “fruit” based religion! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Fusion_power

To those you care for …“be fruitful and multiply.”

:palm_tree::deciduous_tree::bouquet::deciduous_tree::palm_tree::deciduous_tree::sunflower::ear_of_rice::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:
Mike

I actually enjoy the lounge section a lot. I got some valuable info about COVID 19 there last year. During the winter time, that’s what attracts me to come back again and again. Then after some hiatus, I lost the privilege.

I understand people have strong opinions about what this site should or should not be, and that makes managing it difficult. So whatever happens, I am just glad this site is here. But, is it possible to relax the criteria for lounge a little bit ?

2 Likes

The generator thread disappeared again☹️ Did it go to lounge?

Look down , 23hrs .
Off topic , generator …
It’s getting around !

I believe it’s moved nearly 10x so far. Must be some strong but contradictory opinions from mods about where it belongs.

@swincher @Hillbillyhort I have been trying to find it, finally succeeded today.:grinning::grinning:

1 Like