Different whether you like them or not

13 Likes

Pink Lemonade blueberries?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

How do they taste? I’m growing them too but they haven’t fruited yet

i too just put some in last yr. says z5 but I’ve also seen z4 on other sites. snow should protect them here if i prune them small. hows the taste compared to blues?

1 Like

To me,they don’t taste quite like other Blueberries.There is sweet with a bit of tang.bb

2 Likes

I agree with Brady about the taste.

1 Like

They look like tiny onions! Neat. Great photography as always.

1 Like

I have 5 children and from all the blueberries we have the pink lemonade is top pick for them all, I never get any. planted 5 more bushes. It did take a few years before it started producing though.

2 Likes

My grands will get all these. They really like them.

1 Like

They taste like pink lemonade. Love those. Here they do better than all the other blueberries.

1 Like

Just wondering, do you get less bird pressure on them?
I gave up on blueberries, partially because the birds never let me get any but I’ve found the lighter coloured sports tend to get ignored. The pineberries are pretty much unmolested in the strawberry patch while there will be parent/child teaching sessions with the regular ones.

1 Like

My birds like them about the same as other varieties. I have to net them or they they would all of them.

1 Like

I have a few serviceberry bushes close by ripening at the same time so blueberries are left alone by the birds. I am glad they preffer them over the blueberries.

2 Likes

These berries check a lot of boxes for me. Sweet, good size, nice pop when chomped, & can be harvested a little early without any pucker. Also tends to hang around later than ‘Misty’ and a few others. Great addition to my berry habitat.

1 Like

Nice looking crop, @Auburn. I have Pink Popcorn blueberry and am a big fan. They seem to escape the birds pretty well too.

1 Like