Discount codes thread

Thanksgiving Sale through Sunday, December 1. Use code THANKSGIVING19

4 Likes

Free shipping today only from AM Leonard any order.

1C20P is the code

1 Like

Received an email for a 25% discount on selected plants for JFE

https://justfruitsandexotics.com/shop/?g=25%%20OFF%20Sale&idx=1

Gurney’s is having a 40% off sale. It supposedly ends tonight.

1 Like

Ohio Heirloom Seeds

“Use coupon code “January” to receive 15% off your order until the end of January.”

Good deal on some already cheaply priced seeds! Had great results growing their seeds last year.

https://ohioheirloomseeds.com/

3 Likes

1 Like

Is there some trick to entering this vendor’s site? I have never been able, doesn’t matter the month. Do you have to sign up for emails just to see the offerings?

2 Likes

That’s funny… I have visited the website before and never encountered this!!! Maybe they are self quarantining!!! :joy::joy::joy:

@Mpigg do you have a clue about this?

1 Like

Strange. I have never seen that on their website. I also didn’t order anything from them this year but I’ve been on their site numerous times without that notice.

1 Like

burpee save 20% on orders $60 or more
code: BSCB21
expire 6/30/2021

1 Like

2 Likes

growitalian.com is offering 10% off seeds through Friday to celebrate Italy’s sportsball win. They have huge seed packets and great varieties. No coupon code, it just shows up in the cart.

3 Likes

HD recently has deep discount on these items , great price. Check out your local HD web site. These sure will be gone fast

5 Likes

I got an email from a company called EZ KUT products. They sell various pruning products. It’s a coupon code for 20% off through 10-26. The coupon code is: LEANNE

Here is their Website:

I’ve not purchased any of their pruning equipment, but have tried it at a fruit conference. I really liked the ease their Teflon coated pruners cut through wood, but have no idea how long the Teflon coating would last.

I rarely use manual pruning equipment any more, so don’t have much use to try their pruners, but thought someone on the forum might be interested.

They handle the Kamikaze brand, which is Chinese built. However, the battery operated pruners we use are Kamikaze, which I’ve found to be pretty decent quality. I think we’ve used Kamikaze battery operated pruners for 3 seasons.

So I just decided to go ahead and order their 300mm Kamikaze hand saw (from EZ KUT). First time I’ve ordered anything from them. If it doesn’t go well, I’ll post back.

So far the transaction was pretty seamless. Bought the straight saw, which comes with a scabbard and two replacement blades. Total cost including shipping and 20% discount was $88.40. I didn’t think that too bad for all the hardware. The straight replacement blades were only $23.10 (before the discount). The shipping (included in the $88.40) was only around 11 bucks, which I thought was very fair.

Supposedly the blades are Japanese steel and finished in Spain (but I wonder if part of the saw is constructed in China?) As mentioned my Kamikaze battery pruners were manufactured in China, but surprisingly good quality.

Anyway, I’m wondering if these will be comparable to Silky saws. If so, these are a much cheaper option.

Here is a vid on the straight blade saw:

Here is their vid on their 300mm curved blade saw. This gives a bit more description on their blades, but I didn’t choose this saw. We do most of our cutting at waist height, for which a straight saw is recommended. Plus, the curved saws and curved replacement blades are more expensive.

@alan I think you are pretty sold on the Silky brand (which I agree are excellent saws) but tagged you on the off-hand chance you might want to experiment with a potential better value option, since you go through a lot of saw blades.

Amazon has Osmocote Plus 8lbs for $13. Limit three.

2 Likes

Hello,
Please report back. I also only have silky saws but I would really like to know if these are just as good.
Thanks

I bought the cheaper EZ Kut Wow that cuts on the pull. The handle is very nice. I probably would have been happier with the Kamakaze. I’ve been using a Corona curved hand saw for the last few years and it works fine at half the price. Comparing the new EZ Kut to the 3 year old Corona the difference is not enough for me to care. They both do the job but yes the EZ Kut is slightly better. I never used a Silky saw.

Hi Paul,

I can’t really compare the Silky saw I have to the EZKUT saw I bought. The reason is that the Silky is a shorter folding saw vs. the longer EZKUT.

A shorter saw won’t cut near as well as a longer one, so I can’t compare.

I will offer a couple observations.

The silky saw is ground so that the top of the blade is thinner than the blade close to the teeth. In other words the blade gets thicker as it goes from the top to the teeth. This makes it so that the blade is really difficult to bind, because only the teeth contact the wood.

That said, I haven’t noticed the EZKUT saw binding. It does cut fast, but I’m not sure how long it will stay sharp compared to Silky.

We don’t use saws a whole lot. Part of the reason is that we prune at least twice per season on peaches, so it keeps the necessity to prune with a saw to a minimum. The other reason is that with the battery powered loppers/pruners they will cut pretty large material, so we can pretty much cut any bigger stuff with the battery pruners, unless it won’t fit in the jaws.

I will mention the scabbard. I like the EZKUT scabbard because you can easily clip it on your belt. I may be mistaken, but it looks like the Silky scabbards require one to thread a belt through them. If so, that would be a disadvantage to me because I like to be able to remove the scabbard easily, or just clip it on my jeans.

That said the scabbard of the EZKUT is a bit cheap looking where it attaches to my pants. It doesn’t look super robust at that point, so I’m wondering if it could break there.

Overall, I’m not at all sorry I purchased the saw and extra blades, but if the scabbard breaks that may change my mind.

2 Likes