Does Sunlight on Fruit Increase Flavor or Sweetness?

I’ve seen it referred to a few times,like when,I think it was Olpea,who wrote that covering growing fruit didn’t have the same color or taste as being uncovered.
Also from seeing a Pink Lemonade Blueberry’s fruit change to a deeper color,when facing the Sun,while the ones not getting so much light,were almost white to light pink.It makes me wonder how growing fruit is effected by direct light,as opposed to the feeder leaves supplying the major sustenance.
I’m thinking about this,because the fruit on a Nectarine were covered yesterday, with those nylon footie things,to protect them against Earwigs and Stinkbugs, which have been a nuisance every year.
Some things are necessary. Brady

Apricot is the one fruit where more direct sunlight really seems to make the fruit sweeter. The top fruits on the tree ripen first and are sweeter. With the other stone fruit I haven’t seen much effect. But my trees are open and well lighted throughout.

Peaches hanging down under a heavy canopy are usually poor.

Several people in this thread said that direct sunlight increases antioxidant/pigment production. There’s even a picture in there of reflectors being set up to make sure fruit colors up evenly.

Sunlight does increase the flavor and sweetness of peaches, that’s one of the
reasons why they’re grown on an open vase system. It allows the sunlight to penetrate all areas of the tree.

Alright Steve, I have 3 weeks to go with my Blenheim Apricot ripening. I’ll prune the overgrowth up at the top and let some more light in.

Thanks for your answers.
Now,my Apricot grafts need to kick in.
Thanks also for the link,Tim.I was thinking about doing something like that,using large aluminum sheets to reflect,because there is word that Western Washington doesn’t get enough Summer heat to fully ripen Pluots,so that the great flavors can be experienced. Brady