Drippin' Honey Asian Pear

hmmm, then if anyone has drippin honey, I’d be interested in that, too

4 Likes

My dripping honey is coming along nicely! Are these supposed to be fast growing trees? Mine is already 5’ tall and growing like mad. I wasn’t expecting this type of growth year one.

2 Likes

Yes Asian pears do grow quickly and produce fruit quickly. Asian pears typically produce in half the time of European pears. Drippin’ honey is a great pear.

1 Like

Clark,

Here are the DH Asian pears. Can’t wait to taste them in a month or so.

Tony

9 Likes

Tony,
I don’t think it will be a month I ate one the other day at least at my location. Last year they ripened on August 15th here so in theory if your 2 weeks behind me that could be about a month until the main crop. They are very spotted at your location which is interesting. The leaves look very much the same.

3 Likes

@clarkinks and @tonytran
Are you sure those two Drippin Honey are the same thing? They don’t look the same to me.

3 Likes

Clark, Mamuang,

Yeah,. I think my is more russet and spotted than yours and I am sure not why because I think the scions were from your tree unless they got mislabeled by another variety. Anyhow, the fruits looked very clean, and beautiful. I will update with the taste soon.

Tony

2 Likes

I went to look at my DH yesterday and the squirrels had taken them all. GRR. They must have been good, there were two loaded trees with ripe pears next to it and they didn’t take any of those.

3 Likes

My DH will not be ready for another month, still green.

For first time, it has very bad black leaf spot.

5 Likes

They are susceptible to many leaf diseases some years. The fruit is incredible!

2 Likes

Checked them again and found another small one that ripened ahead of the others! They turn yellow when they are ripe. Sweet, Crunchy, Dripping with juice, everything I could want in an Asian pear! Wish there were more than there is!

8 Likes

agree,this variety is very good, sweet juicy, not too dense compare to Korean giant, and ripe earlier than Korean giant

3 Likes

Ckark,
Your last pics looked like the thin skin kind. @tonyOmahaz5 looked like russetted kind.

Your and Annie’s pears looked similar. Tony’s were quite different.

2 Likes

I bought the tree from gurney, should be the original

1 Like

Yours looks the same as Gurney’s.

1 Like

I Harvested one today and it is delicious, sweet, juicy, and early. Whatever it is. It is a keeper.

Tony

7 Likes

That’s a Drippin honey Tony in that picture. Not sure why they look so different in the other picture. Rootstock may be an influence I’m not sure. Can you show us a leaf? Mine are DH for sure I have several trees and friends locally grow them also.

1 Like

I got to have some scion woods of those… they look so good

1 Like

I will take some photos of the leaves tomorrow.

Tony

2 Likes

The ripening time is to big of a coincidence to be overlooked. Drippin’ Honey is the only one I know that looks and tastes like that this time of year. It’s a very high quality Asian pear.

2 Likes