Drones in the garden?

I recently picked up an inexpensive “beginner” drone (Ryze Tech Tello) to use as a tool around the house since I can’t use ladders. I plan to use it primarily to inspect my roof and gutters regularly. is anyone using a drone in their garden/orchard for practical purposes?

I have a Tello too…as well as a proper drone.

I’ve used it to inspect my roof, capture yard project progress, and overall plant and deck layout purposes.

Tello is a bit limiting (mine’s a few years old) as you can only fly it so far from you or only so high…but it’s not expensive so…

I’m not using a drone for photography or videography purposes so in a practical sense it works just fine for my needs to inspect the tallest thing on my property.

1 Like

My Tello maxes out around 25 feet above me… Perhaps newer ones do better.

The tallest thing on my lot is a 60 foot oak tree and in my neighborhood it’s 80 foot pine trees, so my Tello isn’t any use there.

1 Like

upon release the limit was 10 meters but a software update allows it to go up to 30 meters now

2 Likes

I need to go dig mine out of the closet!

1 Like

I always go into duck hunt mode when I see them flying over my head. Have to fight the urge to shoot them down…like halt for the cat or dog. More instinctive than anything. Don’t hate drones, maybe I was a cat in a past life. :scream_cat:

1 Like

I rarely if ever see them. I’m in a suburban/exurban area boarding the more rural parts of our county. if there was one over my property that was there without permission I would consider shooting it down.

3 Likes

I haven’t found many practical uses for mine, but it was great getting progress shots of my home and garden as we went from empty lot to completed project. We did try to herd our sheep with it but they wised up very quickly, unfortunately.

2 Likes