Eva's Pride Peach in Vista CA

Those look amazing Richard! I’m right behind you (Ha, ha)…

3 Likes

I sliced up about half of those pictured above and obtained 2 1/2 quarts of fruit. I then pasteurized them without additives, making these 9 half pints of preserves.

2 Likes

Today we harvested the remainder :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

In today’s show-and-tell, 6 pints of puree preserve, 6 containers of slices to be frozen, and one unseen dessert in the making!

3 Likes

Janet’s surprise dessert turned out to be peach pancakes!

5 Likes

today.

3 Likes

So fruit around Mayday?

Last year it was mid May through mid June.

Oblivious to the rain …

14 Likes

6/13. First harvest of the season. We’ve been under overcast skies (marine layer) almost continuously since February. As a result these fruits are about 3/4 size compared to last year and the north side of each fruit is a little lacking in sweetness.

7 Likes

and of course …

4 Likes

Two days ago we harvested another overflowing tray of peaches. Yesterday I sliced them up, filling a 6 quart stock pot which I placed in the refrigerator. This afternoon I made preserves. The 7 on the right have nothing added and the others contain a bit of sugar + Ball low-sugar pectin.

2 Likes

All of a sudden its summer weather here and the remaining peaches on the tree ripened. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Two days ago I washed those peaches and put them in the refrigerator. Last night I took out half of them, sliced them into a container, and back in the fridge they went. Tonight I put 5 pints of the slices in the long term freezer and made these 20 jars of preserves. Tomorrow I’ll slice the remainder and preserve them as well.

3 Likes

The 2023 peach jam extravaganza is complete! Last night I sliced the remaining peaches and then as usual punted on canning until tonight. The result was 2.5 batches, now ready to go in the cupboard.

2 Likes

2/18.
Five years since acquisition as bareroot.

9 Likes

Any particular reason you’ve trained this tree different than your other trees which are trained in a bowl shape.

The bowl shape is easier to see in this photo from one year ago. This year I haven’t performed any pruning inside the cage. Perhaps it will happen after harvest.

2 Likes