Fake Type Of Nutrient Deficiency in Citruses

was using potash as soil and foliar. But seriously, you can’t possibly intensify the orange hue in tropics where overnight lows are still quite balmy. Perhaps may only do it artificially by subjecting fruits to ethylene, as with cavendish bananas

perhaps below will help enlighten.

I’m sorry, I mistakenly thought you said earlier that you dropped out of graduate school to pursue employment with Intel. So you were the software guy for a professor’s modeling research in Agronomy? Who was the lead author on the papers you’re referring to?

Hi Richard!

I am amazed that you’re into Music. My youngest son is majoring in Music Composition at Westmont College in Santa Barbara!

I’ve worked with various scientists all over the world. At UC Davis, I’ve worked with Richard Plant, James Hill, Ted Foin… Worked with SK De Datta, John O’Toole, Keith Ingram…

As a sophomore college student, I already have publications at the Agronomy Journal.
My first one: O’Toole, J.C. and J. G. Real. 1984. Canopy Target Dimensions For Infrared Thermometry. Agronomy Journal. V76 N5:863 865.
followed by this: O’Toole, J.C. and J. G. Real. 1986. Estimation of Aerodynamic and Crop Resistances from Canopy Temperature. Agronomy Journal. V78 N2:305 310.

Did a lot of floodwater chemistry computations for rice to help Australian Scientists after I graduate college:

De Datta, S.K., A.C.F. Trevitt, J.R. Freney, W.N. Obcemea, J. G. Real and J.R. Simpson. 1989. Measuring Nitrogen Losses from Lowland Rice Using Bulk Aerodynamic and Nitrogen 15 Balance Methods. Soil Science Society of America Journal. V53 N4:1275 1281.

Obcemea, W.N., J. G. Real and S.K. De Datta. 1989. Effect of Soil Texture and Nitrogen Management on Ammonia Volatilization and Total Nitrogen Losses. Philippine Journal of Crop Science. V13 N2:145-153.

Freney, J.R., A.C.F. Trevitt, S.K. De Datta, W.N. Obcemea, and J. G. Real. 1990. The interdependence of ammonia volatilization and denitrification as nitrogen loss processes in flooded soil in the Philippines. Biology and Fertility of Soils. V9 N1:31 36.

And involved in modeling component of expert system here in California:
Real, J. G. 1992. Rice Harvesting: Knowledge Base Development for the California Rice Expert System. M.S. Thesis, Dept. of Agronomy and Range Science. University of California, Davis.

Real, J. G., J.A. Young, R.E. Plant, J.E. Hill, S.C. Scardaci, C.M. Wick, and J.F. Williams. 1993. Computer Based Decision Support for Rice Management. Rice Field Day Abstracts, Rice Experiment Station, Biggs, California. September 2, 1993. pp 18 19.

and we released an award winning expert systems software for farmers:
CALEX/Rice Software version 1.1. Released: Spring 1995. Calex/Rice Program authors: Bernheim, L.G., R.E. Plant, J. G. Real, J.A. Young. Documentation: Seaver, D.C. Advisors: Hill, J.E., S.C. Scardaci, C.M. Wick, J.F. Williams. UCIPM Publication 18. Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources. University of California.

These are just a few of my publications. I don’t use my nickname in these publications, so searching based on my nickname will come out very sparse.

1 Like

Now the Fake Type Of Nutrient Deficiency is starting to disappear!

My citruses are starting to regreen. And in about 2 months from now, the older leaves would have fallen off, the new leaves have grown, and the citrus trees would be dark green, looking super healthy, and have fruitlets, and no more trace of Fake Nutrient Deficiency, all without applying fertilizer, and the Fake Nutrient Deficiency eliminated by the weather simply warming up!

A stroll around my yard smells so heavenly at this time of the year. The aroma spills into the street. Half of my citrus collection are in bloom! Wish you were here to enjoy it! The intense fragrance lasts an entire month as the later cultivars will also bloom.

6 Likes

It was so when the blooms started. Now our heads hurt with the intense fragrance. Bet the neighbors get the right amount! lol

3 Likes

Thanks! So your latest peer-reviewed publication was with Freney, J.R. in 1990?

1 Like

Those were just a few.

I had one published last year and am not in the academe since 1997.

2 Likes

Citation?