Fat Free Sour Cream

I’m additive to heavy whipping cream. I add it to my melted cheese and I drink what ever’s left. I’ve never been a milk drinker since my dad and sister growing up would drink straight from the jug, I didn’t want to drink their backwash.

The only 0 cal soda I can drink is Dr Pepper ZERO SUGAR (not DIET) but it’s hard to get down here since they just don’t stock a lot of low cal or fat free products? They will have 50 whip creams and only 10 fat free and there always sold out, you would think they would add more fat free since their always sold out?

Maybe its like the rules on listing trans fat, if its less than half a gram per serving, they can say none. That’s especially perverse for items with very small serving size since 1/2 gram can be a very substantial portion of a serving. And some things, like spray oil, people tend to use much, much more than the listed serving size.

Like this Pam, 0 calories per serving (serving size is 1/4 gram).

3 Likes

You’re right. Land O Lakes has an explanation on their website. In short, a) it’s not fat free, and b) it’s basically milk with sugar and emulsifiers added.

Thanks for the advise. Nonfat Greek Yogurt taste just like fat free sour cream so I can eat a baked potato again without all the butter.

2 Likes