Figs 2018

This year I donated three trees and extra cuttings to a horticultural class studying propagation techniques. They needed about 90 cuttings, So that helped me make room and such.

1 Like

Drew51,

That definitely put them to good use!

BTW, if you have any extra cuttings, I’d be interested in some for getting my own fig plants going.

I see you’re in Northern VA. Where? I’m heading down there next week to see my in laws. I have my figs in garage right now; no time to prune yet. If u want to pAy for shipping, I can send them when I’m ready to prune. Just send me ur address and I can let u know what I have in storage.

I am not a trusted member of his forum yet; so I cannot open your post. I am trying to create a persistent carpri-fig that has the genetic materials of the Colonel Littman or Black Madeira to cross with the other figs I have. JCT sent me a post on ourfigs that you worked on rdb fig and other caprifig. How many seedlings are you growing each batch and how do you determine which caprifigs to keep?

You should be able to see it now. Welcome, there is an intro thread pinned at the top of your homepage where you can introduce yourself.