Figs of 2022

My first fig after five years in centeral Ohio

14 Likes

Congratulation on the achievement.

Thanks

I’m having success in central ohio as well!

2 Likes

Ohio fruits looking good! It’s great to get plants to thrive and produce fruit in places where most people think they wouldn’t. @tonyOmahaz5 is the king of that, and he’s one of the people who inspired me to grow figs and persimmons in the first place.

5 Likes

Are yours in ground? I’m also in 7a.

Yes mine are in the ground. Im in zone 6a.

2 Likes

How you protecting them?

No, everything I have in grown in pots.

@Phill_Boise_7a — wow Phill those look so Jammy… awesome look.

And I think I have the same socks as you :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Still gettting honey eyes in the greenhouse. I258 at peak ripeness for my taste.

9 Likes

Chicago Hardy from my in ground tree ripes about 2 weeks behind the potted ones.

With recent rain, they are bloated. Some got moldy.

8 Likes

The famous Smith fig.

In my yard, closer to ripening, it hates rain and appears sensitive to regular watering. This is the 3rd year of fruiting. If it rains near a ripening time, fruit become bloated, soggy and split. Every year!!

It is the only potted fig that I have make sure to drag the pot back in a garage if I want to eat the figs.

16 Likes

Here are a few more figs from my potted trees.

Colonel Littman’s

Bourjasotte Grise

La Bourgeoise

Cavaliere

26 Likes

Which one you like the best?

I think I liked Colonel Littman’s the best out of this lot. It had a nice berry flavor and was probably the sweetest. However, this is likely partially due to them being more dehydrated. The skin is thicker which makes them less likely to spoil while ripening on the tree. There were other figs I liked more this year like Norella, Malta Black, Unknown Prosciutto, Smith, Moscatel Preto, RdB, and DSJG. The dryer summer definitely helped some of them shine.

5 Likes

I258 (along with some berries) for breakfast. Pretty good considering the temperatures are no longer that warm!

16 Likes

Some figs from the weekend.

22 Likes

Amazing looking figs! Which one did you like the most?

2 Likes

Cdd roja and Figo Preto. Nice treat after work.

15 Likes