Finally! Apricot Jam! So easy to make and delicious

Water, apricots a squeeze of fresh lemon and sugar! Voila!

17 Likes

That’s my kind of jam recipe, easy on the water. Looks delicious.

I’ve been using rhubarb sauce on my home-made vanilla yogurt, but I can close my eyes and imagine that jam instead :slight_smile:

That apricot with the pit in it looks super enticing.

At this point, I’m hoping to eventually get a fix from the occasional loquat fruit to supplement the dried organic California apricots I’ve been indulging in. I had a Puget Gold that made a few fruit before the tree practically broke in half.

3 Likes

That looks delish!!!
I don’t know if or when I could have enough apricots to make jam!!!

You did not peel them, right? We peel peaches when we make peach jam.

2 Likes

@mamuang
I like the additional flavor of the skin in my pit fruit jams and preserves.

3 Likes

My personal chef hates the texture of peach skin. We did peach jam with skin before. Not well received.

Different strokes……

2 Likes

@mamuang
Do they like the fruit with the skin on, or prefer it peeled too?

Beautiful fruit and jam — I can’t remember the last time I had a apricot… they are just rare to see around here.

I would probably like the skins on, but doubt my wife would.

I left the skins on my blackberries and blueberries when I made this jam last night.
Not that you would ever skin those…

5 Likes

If skin is edible, I eat them all with skin on. My family members prefer their fruit peeled, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Thanks Murky, Hate to say this but its delicious. And the color. Unbelievable.

1 Like

No never. I don’t peel my peaches either.

Yes I drop my peaches in boiling water for sbot 15 Sec and rib the skin right off. I cut them up and put in Ziploc bags with a little honey and squeeze all the air out and freeze. They keep for years. I have some nearly ever day. 50 pounds goes a long way. It’s going to be another great year for my Reliant!

1 Like

I like to leave peels on whenever possible -some flavor, a little extra nutrition, supposedly, and color. I use a stick blender to smooth out plums, but like the skins on apricots to hold the fruit together a bit. I’ve reluctantly started peeling apples when I make pie, but not for sauce.

1 Like

Mark the skin on my fruit here is much thinner that back home. My tomatoes here have thicker skins! I peel those for sauce, never did before.

1 Like

You can’t taste the skins really, it is jus like a thin lump of fruit in the jam giving it texture rather than a puree.

How interesting! I wonder why. Do you peel your toms and then roast them, or roast them first, or not at all?

I do not roast them. Fresh has always worked for me. I scald them it boiling water, cool them, peel, they into the cuisinart. I do not know why the skins are like leather. I could leave tomato plants on the vine and they would easily turn into ‘sun dried’ tomatoes. That tough!

1 Like

I don’t peel my fruit if they are from my garden, I’m a no spray garden. But if I buy from the supermarket I will peel them when I make jam.

1 Like