Finally got a pollinator tree...four years later

I saw these at HD today. It’s a four in one Plum. The one I already had is the Burbank plum. That should do the trick. The plum varieties on this new tree are Mt Royal, Burbank, Santa Rosa and Blue Damson. I might add a shiro this year too.

2 Likes

Before finding this forum I didn’t realize I needed a pollinator for my Honey Jar jujube. I’m hoping the Sugar Cane grafted last year does the trick. More or less this is me saying, you’re not alone!

3 Likes

I’m not really sure what I like in the way of plums yet, although I’ve had really good ones from the market, and really … cardboard ones. I bought a plum from a box store about htree years ago, mostly because it was the last one there. It thanked me by never leafing out. I finally gave up on it last fall and ordered a rootstock, which arrived a couple weeks ago and thanked me with prompt leafage. It is forked already, so I have opted to try a persian green plum on one branch this year and will add something else to the other next year.
So, here’s hoping you not only have a good pllinator, but several varieties you find you enjoy.