First Barbie Pink Guava

First one I’ve harvested really delicious
Brix 16

6 Likes

When did the name “Barbie” become attached to a guava?

Not sure it’s just the name of the cultivar, so prolly when someone named a seedling that

1 Like

When did you obtain your tree?

From just fruits and exotics spring/summer of 22 I believe around about that time

It’s an interesting looking fruit… Large.

Several places are selling it. Here is one with a description.

Barbie Pink Guava Tree (Psidium guajava)

Just fruits and exotics has it for like $30 I think, really nice looking tree also, and mine was actually last October so I’ve had it exactly one year and I thinned tons of fruit off of it and it had this one and 19 more to go. It’s like 6ft tall and wide approximately

1 Like

It appears that the name came before the movie.

Great variety of tropical guava with really sweet flesh. My trees finished ripening all their fruit 2 weeks ago in the high tunnel and that was after they made it through 12F last year under frost blankets with no damage. I sourced mine from Agristarts and we still have 1 gallon plants available if anyone is looking for this cultivar.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m taking some cuttings gonna try an in ground planting next year, pretty certain one will thrive on the south wall of the house with a tad of protection.

1 Like

What a nice wide selection of things y’all have also :+1:t3:

1 Like

Just bought two of these Barbie Guava from Trustyfarms. Helpful folks.

I’m planning two horizontal cordon espaliers with mine.

Because they are small and it’s headed into fall, I will not plant them out until about late March early April. Hopefully the following winter they can tough it out or make it with some minimal protection.

3 Likes

My two Barbie Pink Guava arrived
from Trusty Farms. Good shape. Some bark rubbed off at the base of one of the trees. Should be fine though.

4 Likes