First peach crop of the season

Our first peach crop is just about there, likely start picking in earnest this weekend. This is Flordaprince. Weighed in at a 1/2 lb on this particular monster. Thats large for this cultivar.

This was a little lighter than the other but not much. Its a Earligrande. They are 5-7 days behind floridaprince.

3 Likes

You are way ahead of everyone else. How good are they?

Tony

Southern California is usually a little ahead of us even. They are excellent for a early peach. Due to ripening so early before our heat gets here they tend to be a little more acid tang than pure sweet as our later peaches can be. But everyone loves them just the same.

Nice! I’m jealous!

Anyone grow Babcock? When can I expect those to be ready for harvest? According to Dave Wilson they’re an early season peach but mine are way behind Amadio’s.

Here is what DWN says about babcock
Babcock White Peach -WHERE TO BUY- DWN Top 100 Variety
Long-time favorite white-fleshed freestone. Sweet and juicy, aromatic, low in acid. High scoring in taste tests. Ripens mid-July in Central CA. Widely adapted (low chill requirement, yet not early blooming). 250-300 hours. Self-fruitful."

We grow Babcock and its ready for us last week of july or first week of august. They SHOULD be small still. They are a late peach.

Oh hmmm. I wonder how I got it in my head they were an early season peach. My mistake.

Thanks!