First Time Order From Burnt Ridge-Review

Since I had my best percentages ever this year (at least before losing 4 or 5 to root rot in June in containers due to too much rainfall) … and most of my roots coming from Burnt Ridge, (a few from Cummins and a few from Fedco), I have no complaints with my B.R. stock.

But, shipments from the northwest to the east have to travel through some adverse/freezing weather sometimes–I would look at things like the tracking information and see back what the conditions were at the time along the UPS or FedEx routes.

2 Likes

I just thought that I should come back to this thread and say it changed my mind about trying Burnt Ridge. I placed a small order with them in late Nov. for spring delivery. I hope I won’t be disappointed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was pleased last year with both the apple and pear rootstock I received. So much so that I made another order with them this year. I sure hope that this years rootstock will be as good as last years. I got apple, pear and plum this year!

1 Like

They were confirming my order today by email and informed me that they only had 3 of the 20 Ussarian pear rootstocks that I had ordered in stock :man_facepalming: so I hurried and called to get substitutions. I went with 17 standard pear rootstocks. It was about all they had left that was even close to what I wanted. I sure hope they work out right for me… :man_shrugging: they did answer fairly quickly on the phone and the woman was very helpful. Just hope that I didn’t booboo by getting standard stock. BET that I ordered last year is almost standard so hopefully they will all be similar sized and they told me that both Asian and European pears should be fine on these. I just hope so… :scream:

1 Like

I hope those rootstocks work out for you.

They confirmed my order today too. They had to bump me down a size on one of the shrubs that I ordered, but I’m okay with that, I just hope everything comes healthy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another order from Burnt Ridge. They did much better this time.

6 Hazelnuts- Great roots
2 Hearnuts- Great roots. Tap roots intact with most all fine root.

1 Like

Your one bad one was not a fluke.

I had a huge order, and they sent stint good, a lot of mediocre, and 1/4 of it was terrible.

I’m ordering early enough to buy from England’s Orchard (Kentucky, and they seem to have everything desirable up north) or 39th Parallel (great for what they have, heirloom apples and pears mostly).

1 Like

I didn’t think England’s was doing mail order any longer?

I would have ordered a few things this year had I known they were still doing mail order

Scott

I heard they only do scions now.

1 Like

So, has anyone actually received any bare root trees from England’s this year?
If so, there are no pictures posted nor no mention of it?

They’re out of stock for the season, but they do mail trees still? Their website isn’t great, but hey, neither is burnt ridge’s.

England’s Orchard is “scion’s only from now on” since Cliff had his stroke, is what he’s said.