Flavor Delight Aprium in Vista CA

Two months ago I purchased a dormant Flavor Delight in a 5 gal pot from Green Thumb Nursery in San Marcos. Here it is today (3/28) just starting with the “popcorn” stage.

2 Likes

This year looks like a bust, but in a normal year FD is a production machine. In that nice CA weather you’ll be doing some serious thinning.

1 Like

@Richard If you get a chance and willing, is it possible to post chronological pictures of how you approach training this newly planted tree. I think It will be very useful for novices like me and others who are interested.

@Oregon_Fruit_Grow
See the sections for “Apricot” and “Training of Young Trees” in R.S. Martin’s book “How To Prune Fruit Trees”.

1 Like

I am reading that chapter and he says apricot varieties put out fruit at the tip, in the middle and lower on the branch. Any idea where Apriums will fruit? For summer delight I was able to find a picture of a fellow member here who has a mature tree, it looks like Summer Delight fruits at all three places.

Pictures from some a member here who has fruiting Apriums.

3 Likes

At present focus on training of young trees. Our Cot-N-Candy and Flavor Delight bear fruit from midsection on up and also on fruit spurs.

2 Likes