Flavor King Picture(s)

Vincent asked me to post photos of my FK Pluot on the Nadia thread.To keep that mostly about the topic,I’m starting a new one.
Here’s what they look like today.It’s a little difficult to get good shots with trees put close together in a small greenhouse and with this tablet I’m using,sometimes taking them blind and hoping for the best.
There may be about a dozen fruit on this two year old.I’ll post more as things move along. Brady

9 Likes

Thank you so much for all information Brady. I’d like to know the top rated Flavor King pluot before making decision to plant one but I do not have the big greenhouse . Could FK survives and set fruit in normal condition weather without the greenhouse in Pacific Northwest ?

Yes,Flavor King will definitely survive and set fruit here,but in Western Washington,our Summer temperatures,most of the time,may not be hot enough to bring out the flavors that a place like California or even Eastern Washington could accomplish.
An interesting experiment might be to plant one by a South facing wall,possibly as an espalier and see what that brings.
I grafted some to a Flavor Supreme,that has a metal shed as a backdrop,which may help. Brady

3 Likes

Thank you Brad. I am not hurry for planting FK for now.

I got good set on my FK this year. All the Flavor Supreme flowers got frozen by the -19F.

Tony

FK

8 Likes

They look great. FK is my only plum to be completely wiped out by the cold spring weather.

What?! :fearful:

1 Like

The other 5-6 other grafted in varieties only had a few so there was a small margin between some and none.

1 Like

Flavor King are be turning colors

Tony

8 Likes