Flavor of Beautiful day mulberry

Planted a beautiful day (white) mulberry several years ago. The tree has been giving me mulberries the past few years, but the birds seem to get them pretty quickly. I’ve tried a few, but they don’t seem very sweet or juicy. I have a weeping mulberry and an illinois overbearing, which are both black mulberries and are fairly sweet and juicy.

Has anyone planted a beautiful day and been happy with the fruit? Does it take a few years to come into good production?

2 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t think it’s that great. Tastes like an average white mulberry (sweet, no acid) and with small fruit.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not a fan either. Agree no flavor. I heard they were good dried. Fresh, no thanks.

1 Like

Hmm. I had planned to dry some of the white mulberries, because I love dried white mulberries. But maybe those dried mulberries are a different variety, because I can’t imagine a fruit that isn’t sweet when fresh would become sweet after drying. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Very common to dry white mulberry in Iran and those white mulberries def are way better than beautiful day.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I think that’s what I needed to know! The dried white mulberries are not beautiful day, so I need to choose something else to plant.