Flavor Queen

Yeah especially one that isn’t very ornamental!

Does it have flowers that fail to open? Or does it fail to set flower buds? That could help decide what’s going on.

The flowers open, but they’re gone in a few days.

Ray, isn’t that the general nature of J. plum type fruits? At least here this year. It’s been hot and windy.

No, none of my other pluots or plums are doing this. Only FQ.

Have you got any * Dapple Dandy Pluot Scionwood that you would sale.

Thanks
Dave
ncdave1959@yahoo.com

Flavor Queen is by far the most vigorous of the 4 grafts on my pulot tree. But as this thread promised it is very stingy to set fruit.
Even if she is as tasty as her name proports she is going to be the host branch for more grafts for sure.

1 Like

Full prestigious bloom, plenty of pollinators, likely 100% flower freeze. I think FQ flowers are more sensitive to cold the other cultivars. Two of my gradta on this tree where killed by a dear rubbing ant the last is in a bad position. So FQ is 95% of this tree. Going to end up reducing this down to 25% and graft over the new growth.

1 Like

I noticed the leaves of FQ was more zapped than other interspecific plums when temps got to low 20s. It could that all tender growth on FQ is more sensitive comparable to most other interspecific plums.

I am keeping a branch because FQ was delicious, but it’s about to get a ugly haircut